Child development through Challenger’s nationally acclaimed innovative pre-school soccer program!
TinyTykes is an innovative program, created by childcare specialists that introduces children aged 2 to 5-years to the basic skills of soccer. Both our Cubs (2- 3 years) and our Lions (4-5 years) modules use fundamental soccer activities, games and stories to develop their skills in the following areas:
- Balance, Agility and Coordination
- Technical Skills
- Gross motor skills
- Physical Development
- Social skills
- Self confidence
Challenger’s soccer experts and child development professionals have designed an innovative curriculum that introduces your young soccer stars to the basic skills needed in soccer as well as developing their motor, social, and psychological skills.
Our International coaches are experts at working with young children and will combine soccer with fun games; stories and music that keeps your children entertained and enthused to return next week. Come join our CUBS AND LIONS PROGRAM and join LENNY THE LION as you learn our Tiny Tykes theme song!
Our TinyTykes program will bring numerous benefits to both the host organization and of course the children participating in the program. A few of our program highlights are listed below:
- Qualified Professional British Coaches (Ratio 1:10) with an abundance of experience working with young children and the knowledge of how to make it fun!
- Innovative curriculum designed by education professionals and child psychologists that focus on the key factors of child development
- The inclusion of music within the curriculum positively impacts motor skill development, concentration, and coordination
- Player package that includes:
- Full custom designed TinyTykes Uniform (Shirt and Shorts)
- TinyTykes size 3 ball
- Kicker stickers awarded after each session
- Graduation certificate after level completion
Our TinyTykes program is available to players aged 2-5yrs. The curriculum has been created to promote and enhance the key areas of child development with a major focus on fun!! The program is broken down into two modules relating to a child’s age:
I Cubs Module: ages 2-3yrs I Lions Module: ages 4-5yrs I
Both modules aim to use soccer as a medium for children to develop their balance, agility, coordination, color recognition and numerical learning, along with increasing their confidence and social skills. We understand the importance of goal setting so have therefore designed progressive levels within each module based on attendance. There are 4 levels within both the Cubs and Lions modules, with each level involving the completion of 6 sessions/classes:
I Level 1 – Bronze I Level 2 – Silver I Level 3 – Gold I Level 4 – Platinum I
At the conclusion of every session each child receives a “Kicker Sticker” as acknowledgement of attendance, with a graduation certificate presented to each child at the final session of the level.
TECHNIQUES COVERED THROUGHOUT THE MODULES
|LEVEL 1||Ball Control||Team Play|
|LEVEL 2||Dribbling||Attacking Moves|
|LEVEL 4||Passing||Multi-skill recap|
To The Staff of Challenger Sports,
I am a parent to 3 year old twin boys. Last spring and this past fall they participated in the TinyTykes program at their daycare, Discovery Point – Roswell with Coach Scott Hambleton. I just wanted to let y’all know how much we love the program and how amazing Coach Scott is with the kids.
Being a parent of twins is challenging, and finding activities that both boys not only enjoy but thrive in is difficult. We tried many different activities before falling in love with TinyTykes. Because of the program, their gross motor skills have improved dramatically. We have also noticed a difference in their coordination, which is an area they have struggled with due to being premature at birth. Aside from their physical development, their independence and confidence have skyrocketed!
My boys ask me almost every day, “when does Coach Scott come back? When is more soccer?”. Scott built such a rapport with all of the kids. He learned their individual personalities and tailored games and activities to their personalities. It is obvious that he not only loves soccer, but also that he loves working with kids and has a great understanding of early childhood development.
We are looking forward to another season of TinyTykes in the spring!
Through our extensive coaching network in NORTH AMERICA, EUROPE & SOUTH AMERICA, thousands of coaches apply to work for Challenger Sports. All applicants then go through a detailed Recruitment Process including interviews, coaching sessions, personality tests and background checks before they are selected to work on our British Soccer Camps, TetraBrazil Camps and based on their performance evaluations ONLY THE BEST are selected to work in the CHALLENGER SOCCER ACADEMY.
PROFESSIONAL INTERNATIONAL STAFF
- Our staff are professionally trained to provide a magical learning experience for your child. In addition to being specifically prepared to work with this age and ability level, our staff are up to date with the current First Aid procedures, Child Safety / Safe Haven courses, Nutritional Guidelines and Injury Prevention.
- Learn from our staff who live and breathe the game. Many of our staff have played the game from grass roots up to the professional levels and have over twenty years experience playing and coaching!
GREAT ROLE MODELS
- Not only are our staff top soccer coaches but we also evaluate our coaches abilities to be a leader and a role model to the children they coach. Each of our coaches must complete an in-depth personality test before any employment in your community.
EVALUATIONS AND TRAINING
- All our staff are further educated in our Challenger’s Academy Coaching Curriculum and will also receive on-going training and evaluation throughout their time over here.
- Throughout the recruitment process our staff go through in depth assessments, background checks, and VISA Processing to guarantee we select ONLY THE BEST!