Child development through fundamental soccer
Challenger’s innovative pre-school soccer program previously named MiniKickers, is now TinyTykes!
TinyTykes will feature the exact same interactive and creative learning experience – just with a different name. Each year Challenger’s soccer experts and child development professionals update our curriculum and rework our themes and marketing material. We are now excited to introduce your child to TinyTykes and look forward to helping them discover fundamental soccer skills, as well as helping them develop their motor, social, and psychological skills through our highly regarded program of games, activities, stories, and music.
Our International coaches are experts at working with young children and will combine soccer with fun games; stories and music that keeps your children entertained and enthused to return next week. Come join our CUBS AND LIONS PROGRAM and join LENNY THE LION as you learn our Tiny Tykes theme song!
Our Tiny Tykes program will bring numerous benefits to both the host organization and of course the children participating in the program. A few of our program highlights are listed below:
- Qualified Professional British Coaches (Ratio 1:10) with an abundance of experience working with young children and the knowledge of how to make it fun!
- Innovative curriculum designed by education professionals and child psychologists that focus on the key factors of child development
- The inclusion of music within the curriculum positively impacts motor skill development, concentration and coordination
- Player package that includes:
- Full custom designed Tiny Tykes Uniform (Shirt and Shorts)
- Tiny Tykes size 3 ball
- Kicker stickers awarded after each session
- Graduation certificate after level completion
I Cubs Module: ages 2-3yrs I Lions Module: ages 4-5yrs I
Both modules aim to use soccer as a medium for children to develop their balance, agility, coordination, color recognition and numerical learning, along with increasing their confidence and social skills. We understand the importance of goal setting so have therefore designed progressive levels within each module based on attendance. There are 4 levels within both the Cubs and Lions modules, with each level involving the completion of 6 sessions/classes:
I Level 1 – Bronze I Level 2 – Silver I Level 3 – Gold I Level 4 – Platinum I
At the conclusion of every session each child receives a “Kicker Sticker” as acknowledgement of attendance, with a graduation certificate presented to each child at the final session of the level.
TECHNIQUES COVERED THROUGHOUT THE MODULES
|LEVEL 1||Ball Control||Team Play|
|LEVEL 2||Dribbling||Attacking Moves|
|LEVEL 4||Passing||Multi-skill recap|
I am a parent to 3 year old twin boys. Last spring and this past fall they participated in the Tiny Tykes program at their daycare, Discovery Point – Roswell with Coach Scott Hambleton. I just wanted to let y’all know how much we love the program and how amazing Coach Scott is with the kids.
Being a parent of twins is challenging, and finding activities that both boys not only enjoy, but thrive in is difficult. We tried many different activities before falling in love with TinyTykes. Because of the program, their gross motor skills have improved dramatically. We have also noticed a difference in their coordination, which is an area they have struggled with due to being premature at birth. Aside from their physical development, their independence and confidence have skyrocketed!
My boys ask me almost everyday, “when does Coach Scott come back? When is more soccer?”. Scott built such a rapport with all of the kids. He learned their individual personalities and tailored games and activities to their personalities. It is obvious that he not only loves soccer, but also that he loves working with kids and has a great understanding of early childhood development.
We are looking forward to another season of MiniKickers in the spring!
Our Philosophy incorporates what we are all about. Our goal as a company is to offer players, teams and coaches the opportunity to learn and develop their skills. We feel that these three major concepts can be used to aid the development of each from early beginning stages through to serious competitive players and coaches.
The best teacher of the game is the game itself. Our Academy Staff create environments which encourage, creativity, experimentation, enjoyment, fun, a quality learning experience and a love for the game.
This area of development is aimed at players from the ages of 2 through 5 who are new to the game of soccer and formulating the building blocks along with a love and passion for the game.
Our Academy Staff train your players technically and tactically over the course of the season, implementing professional training sessions developing their skills and preparing them for future challenges and competition.
This area of development is aimed at players from 6 through 14 and its focus is based on high quality coaching sessions offering and working towards a technical proficiency and a desire to improve.
Our Academy Staff will develop your players current levels from a technical, tactical, physiological and psychological standpoint as your teams improve to compete at State, Regional and even National Levels!
This is the pinnacle of our philosophy and is aimed at challenging players aged from 15 through 19 to be the best that they can be and preparing the players for college and further playing experiences.
PROFESSIONAL INTERNATIONAL STAFF
- Our staff are professionally trained to provide a magical learning experience for your child. In addition to being specifically prepared to work with this age and ability level, our staff are up to date with the current First Aid procedures, Child Safety / Safe Haven courses, Nutritional Guidelines and Injury Prevention.
- Learn from our staff who live and breathe the game. Many of our staff have played the game from grass roots up to the professional levels and have over twenty years experience playing and coaching!
GREAT ROLE MODELS
- Not only are our staff top soccer coaches but we also evaluate our coaches abilities to be a leader and a role model to the children they coach. Each of our coaches must complete an in-depth personality test before any employment in your community.
EVALUATIONS AND TRAINING
- All our staff are further educated in our Challenger’s Academy Coaching Curriculum and will also receive on-going training and evaluation throughout their time over here.
- Throughout the recruitment process our staff go through in depth assessments, background checks, and VISA Processing to guarantee we select ONLY THE BEST!