1. Current Company Response
Like most companies we continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation. As always, the safety of our participants and our staff is our number one priority. In an industry where our camps, clinics, tours, and tournaments happen in a close community, Challenger Sports and our sister company Challenger Teamwear have always taken great care to develop and maintain medical practices to address a variety of communicable diseases, both common and rare. This page will be used to provide updated information on how the current global pandemic is affecting our usual programming and services. We will update this page periodically. (last updated 5/30/2020)
2. Challenger Virtual Division
For the last 12 months we have been planning to introduce a Challenger Virtual Division and due to the current COVID-19 situation we have in the last 2 months accelerated our plans here.
This means that we can still offer a way for our unbelievable staff to connect with your child as early as June 1st!
3. Options for anyone who has already registered for a program/purchased a service in 2020
We will be offering virtual camps this summer (see above for more information).
Right now we still plan to run physical camps in July and August in as many locations as we can where it is safe to do so. Regional Staff will be contacting our camp ambassadors to discuss options from June 1st onwards once decisions are made on every single site scheduled for July and August. Once we have a clear decision on each site we will then in turn communicate with anyone currently registered on those sites.
Anyone registered for a physical camp in June should have received communication from either their regional office or our corporate office. Please reach out to our customer service department per the info at the bottom of this page if you are unsure.
Unfortunately at this time we have decided that we will not be able to offer any of our physical programs this spring. Here are the options available to anyone who has already registered for an unfulfilled Academy service through our registration platform.
- Request a gift certificate for a future purchase for a future physical program, virtual program or merchandise. This gift certificate will reflect the amount you paid minus any uniform/merchandise that may have already been shipped out and will only be valid for use on our Configio registration platform. Request Gift Certificate.
- Complete our private virtual training request form to see if we can schedule you for a Private Virtual Training Session. This could be 1 on 1 or with a small group of friends/teammates. This would take place over a zoom format with one of our professional staff. Once you have completed the form, which will provide more guidance on pricing models, someone will be in touch to explain more and to try to schedule your personalized virtual training experience.
- Request free entry into one of our Virtual Super Clinics or Camps (initially priced at $9 in value). Once granted, this amount will be deducted from the amount you have already spent with us in 2020.
- Give us permission to use the money you have already spent to offer a free physical or virtual training experience to a First Responder. Read more here.
A Teamwear skeleton print shop and warehouse crew will begin processing delayed orders as of April 27th with most of the sales staff also returning to work. Our head office admin staff in Kansas will not reopen until local government ordinances allow it to do so. If you have any questions regarding past or future orders please contact your Regional Manager.
Unfortunately, due to the effects of the pandemic the tournament division will remain closed with a planned return date of May 26th. We will communicate our plans at that time regarding spring registrations and any refunds/credits moving forward. Thanks for your patience as we work through this process.
4. Further Questions?
If you do not see the information or alternative registration listed above to meet your specific needs then please feel free to contact our customer service department.
Phone: 800-878-2167 ext 280