May 4 – 6, 2018
Division 1-10 and Rec Teams
Boys and Girls U8-U19
Deadline – April 6
U8-10 (’10-’08) 7v7 – $525
U10-12 (’08-’06) 9v9 – $575
U12-19 (’06-’99) 11v11 – $625
Schedules will be posted after the registration deadline.
The Sporting LS Spring Classic is a stay-and-play event. All traveling teams must stay at one of the approved host hotels. Reservations must be made through GCI Travel.
Below is the Challenger Sports tournament policy for traveling teams:
All teams traveling to participate in the Sporting LS Spring Classic must contact Global Connections Inc. (GCI) to place hotel reservations. GCI has reserved reduced rate tournament room blocks with a wide range of hotels to suit the needs of all participating teams.
Please note, traveling teams must reserve hotels through GCI in order to be accepted into the tournament.
Online Team Check-In (OCI) is an opportunity for your team to skip team check-in by completing the process online prior to the tournament. Your team will be able to check-in by sending pictures of your documents (roster, player cards, waivers, etc.) to us. You will upload the images to the secure HTGSports site. Once you have completed this, we will check your team in prior to the tournament so you don’t have to attend check-in in person! So easy!
Following are the steps to complete the Online Team Check-In process:
- Login at www.htgsports.net. If you have never logged in before, use the team manager’s email address as the user ID and password.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the page, then the My Sports button.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the SLS Spring Challenge. Click the “Not Paid” link in the Online Check-In column to submit the $20 fee for this service.
- Snap pictures of your check-in paperwork with your camera phone or scan them in on a copier in .pdf, .jpg or .png format (note: you can consolidate all player cards to one document and all waivers to one document).
- Click the Add Documents link in the middle of the page to upload all of your documents.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the SLS Spring Challenge. Click on your team name to view the team detail page.
- Click on each document name (Official Roster, Medical Release, etc.) to move the document from the master list (left column) to the tournament document list (right column). Once the document is in the right hand column and ready to be submitted for review, select “Submitted” from the drop down menu, add any notes (e.g., Mary’s player card says she’s U13 because she’s rostered on a U13 team, but her birthdate meets the U12 age group) and click save at the bottom of the page.
- Once all documents are submitted, we will review the paperwork and either approve or notify you of changes that need to be made. You can follow the status of your documents in the status column. It will read “Submitted”, “In Review”, “Approved” or “Rejected.” If rejected, we will include notes to notify you changes that need to be made (e.g., missing Billy’s medical waiver).
The deadline to complete the OCI process is by Midnight on Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
Brackets will be posted in the week following the registration deadline.
Challenger Sports and Sporting Lee’s Summit are excited to bring you the 2018 Sporting LS Spring Classic. The SLS Spring Classic will allow your team to end the spring season at a whole new level. Held at Legacy Park, your players will play on some of the best natural grass fields in the Midwest.
The tournament will cater to all levels of competitive teams (Divisions I through VIII) and recreational teams. It will provide the perfect opportunity to gauge how far your team has developed since the start of the season.
*Space will be limited so be sure to sign-up early!*
What sets this tournament apart from other events at this time of year?
- Play on a non-holiday weekend – enjoy Memorial Day Weekend with your family and friends
- A great chance to gauge the development of your team prior to the end of the year and tryouts
- Fantastic local complex with superb fields in beautiful Olathe, KS
- Open to the following age groups: Boys U8 – U19; Girls U8 – U19 Divisions I, II, III, IV, V, VII, VIII & Rec. available
- Play similar level teams. We work hard bracketing teams, so every game is fun and competitive
- Play different competition
- Schedule requests are all taken into consideration and worked around