December 1-3, 2017
All Premier Teams
Boys & Girls – U10 – U19
SCHEELS OP Soccer Complex
Wyandotte Sporting Fields
Overland Park, Kansas
Deadline – October 27
U10-12 (’08-’06) 9v9 – $675
U12-14 (’06-’04) 11v11 – $725
U15-19 (’03-’99) Showcase $800
Online Team Check-in (OCI) is an opportunity for your team to skip team check-in by completing the process online prior to the tournament. Your team will be able to check-in by sending pictures of your documents to us. You will upload the images to the secure HTGSports site. Once you have completed this, we will check your team in prior to the weekend so you don’t have to attend check-in in person! All that will be required of you on the tournament weekend is to show up to your field and submit the player cards to the field marshal. So easy!
Following are the steps to complete the Online Team Check-In process:
- Login at www.htgsports.net. If you have never logged in before, use the team manager’s email address as the user ID and password.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the page, then the My Sports button.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Challenger Season Finale & Showcase. Click the “Not Paid” link in the Online Check-In column to submit payment ($20 fee).
- Snap pictures of your check-in paperwork with your camera phone or scan them in on a copier in .pdf, .jpg or .png format (note: you can consolidate all player cards to one document and all waivers to one document).
- Click the Add Documents link in the middle of the page to upload all of your documents.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Challenger Season Finale & Showcase. Click on your team name to view the team detail page.
- Click on each document name (Official Roster, Medical Release, etc.) to move the document from the master list (left column) to the tournament document list (right column). Once the document is in the right hand column and ready to be submitted for review, click the “Submit For Review” button at the bottom of the page.
- Once all documents are submitted, we will review the paperwork and either approve or notify you of changes that need to be made. You can follow the status of your documents in the status column. It will read “Submitted”, “In Review”, “Approved” or “Rejected.” If rejected, we will include notes to notify you changes that need to be made (e.g., missing Billy’s medical waiver).
The Deadline to complete the OCI process is by midnight on Wednesday, November 29th.
The Challenger Season Finale & Showcase is a stay-and-play event. All traveling teams must stay at one of the approved host hotels. Reservations must be made through GCI Travel. For the Challenger Season Finale & Showcase, all earned comp rooms for U15 through U19 teams will be applied to the attending college coaches. This will maximize the number of college coaches at this event and provide the best possible showcase to all participating players.
Click here to book Challenger Season Finale & Showcase hotel rooms.
(800) 950-1110 x7764
Below is the Challenger Sports tournament policy for traveling teams:
All teams traveling to participate in the Challenger Season Finale & Showcase must contact Chree Smith at Global Connections Inc. (GCI) to place hotel reservations. GCI has reserved reduced rate tournament room blocks with a wide range of hotels to suit the needs of all participating teams.
Please note, traveling teams must reserve hotels through GCI in order to be accepted into the tournament.
Except as otherwise stated, the rules of USYSA and FIFA “Laws of the Game” shall govern this tournament.
The Showcase Divisions (U15-19 girls and boys) will be played with a three-game guarantee with no points allocated or championship game played.
U16s will play two 35-minute halves and the U17-19s will play two 40-minute halves.
U10 – U14 Tournament Format – 3 guaranteed games and finals
U15 – U19 Showcase Format – 3 guaranteed games and college coaches attending
To provide an event to connect college coaches and prospective players, Challenger Sports hosts the Season Finale & Showcase event at the Overland Park Soccer Complex. This event offers the High School aged player a chance of showcasing their talents in front of college coaches from all over the Midwest, as well as giving the younger players an end of year tournament to display the skills learned throughout the season.
Early December is the perfect time of year for soccer players to showcase in front of collegiate coaches. All High School programs will be completed by this date, and the majority of college programs will be looking to scout future players for their programs at this time.
With 140+ teams and 100+ college coaches in attendance from Divisions I, II, III, NAIA and NJCAA, the Showcase proves to be a great opportunity for players of all skill levels to put their talents on display in front of the college coaches looking to recruit them. Don’t miss out on this year’s event!
- Over 300 college coaches invited
- Play at the ‘State of the art’ $36 million Overland Park Soccer Complex
- Great central location in Overland Park
- 12 tournament-quality synthetic turf fields
- Lighted fields for night use
- All formats (8v8 & 11v11) will play on the turf fields
- Games will only be played at the new complex – no satellite fields will be used
- Great competition from all over the Midwest
- Open to boys and girls teams ages U10-U19
- Scheduling requests encouraged and worked around
- Excellent referees
- The complex includes a fieldhouse, playground and several concession areas