April 6-8, 2018 – Girls
All Premier/Competitive Teams
OP Soccer Complex only
Overland Park, Kansas
Deadline – February 9
U8-10 (’10-’08) 7v7 – $600
U10-12 (’08-’06) 9v9 – $675
U12-19 (’06-’99) 11v11 – $725
Below is the Challenger Sports tournament policy for traveling teams:
All teams traveling to participate in the Emerald Cup must contact Chree Smith or Katy Gray at Global Connections Inc. (GCI) to place hotel reservations. GCI has reserved reduced rate tournament room blocks with a wide range of hotels to suit the needs of all participating teams.
Please note, traveling teams must reserve hotels through GCI in order to be accepted into the tournament.
Following are the steps to complete the Online Team Check-In process:
- Login at www.htgsports.net. If you have never logged in before, use the team manager’s email address as the user ID and password.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the page, then the My Sports button.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Emerald Cup. Click the “Not Paid” link in the Online Check-In column to submit the $20 fee.
- Snap pictures of your check-in paperwork with your camera phone or scan them in on a copier in .pdf, .jpg or .png format (note: you can consolidate all player cards to one document and all waivers to one document).
- Click the Add Documents link in the middle of the page to upload all of your documents.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Emerald Cup. Click on your team name to view the team detail page.
- Click on each document name (Official Roster, Medical Release, etc.) to move the document from the master list (left column) to the tournament document list (right column). Once the document is in the right hand column and ready to be submitted for review, select “Submitted” from the drop down menu, add any notes (e.g., Mary’s player card says she’s U13 because she’s rostered on a U13 team, but her birthdate meets the U12 age group) and click save at the bottom of the page.
- Once all documents are submitted, we will review the paperwork and either approve or notify you of changes that need to be made. You can follow the status of your documents in the status column. It will read “Submitted”, “In Review”, “Approved” or “Rejected.” If rejected, we will include notes to notify you changes that need to be made (e.g., missing Billy’s medical waiver).
The deadline to complete the OCI process is by Midnight on Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
The Emerald Cup is a great spring event geared towards all levels of competitive soccer teams throughout the Midwest. It provides a great opportunity for teams to compete and work together early on in the spring season.
In total, 450+ teams will participate over the two weekends, providing a great tournament atmosphere for everyone involved. Great competition with ALL tournament games being played at the Overland Park Soccer Complex makes this a MUST for all premier teams in 2018.
If you are looking for GREAT competition on a GREAT WEEKEND at the FINEST soccer facility in the Midwest, the EMERALD CUP is the event for your team.
Why play in the Emerald Cup?
- 12 tournament-quality synthetic turf fields
- Lighted fields for night games
- Open to all premier level teams
- Play different competition from all across Regions II and III
- All formats will play on the turf (7v7, 9v9 and 11v11)
- Options for Under 10 teams – 7v7 and 9v9
- Options for Under 12 teams – 9v9 and 11v11
- Online registration and text message score updates
- Local attractions: Deanna Rose Farmstead and St. Andrew’s Golf Course
- First weekend in April – better outdoor weather!
- ALL players will be back from Spring Break – play with your full squad