April 20-22, 2018
Wyandotte Sporting Fields
Boys U8-U19 Girls U8-U14
Divisions 1-10 & Rec.
Deadline – March 23
U8-10 (’10-’08) 7v7 – $525
U10-12 (’08-’06) 9 v9 – $575
U12-19 (’06-’99) 11 v11 – $625
The Challenger Cup is a stay-and-play event. All traveling teams must stay at one
of the approved host hotels. Reservations must be made through GCI Travel.
Below is the Challenger Sports tournament policy for traveling teams:
All teams traveling to participate in the Challenger Cup must contact Chree Smith
or Katy Gray at Global Connections Inc. (GCI) to place hotel reservations. GCI has reserved
reduced rate tournament room blocks with a wide range of hotels to suit the
needs of all participating teams.
Please note, traveling teams must reserve hotels through GCI in order to be accepted into the tournament.
Following are the steps to complete the Online Team Check-In process:
- Login at www.htgsports.net. If you have never logged in before, use the team manager’s email address as the user ID and password.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the page, then the My Sports button.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Challenger Cup. Click the “Not Paid” link in the Online Check-In column to submit the $20 fee for this service.
- Snap pictures of your check-in paperwork with your camera phone or scan them in on a copier in .pdf, .jpg or .png format (note: you can consolidate all player cards to one document and all waivers to one document).
- Click the Add Documents link in the middle of the page to upload all of your documents.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Challenger Cup. Click on your team name to view the team detail page.
- Click on each document name (Official Roster, Medical Release, etc.) to move the document from the master list (left column) to the tournament document list (right column). Once the document is in the right hand column and ready to be submitted for review, select “Submitted” from the drop down menu, add any notes (e.g., Mary’s player card says she’s U13 because she’s rostered on a U13 team, but her birthdate meets the U12 age group) and click save at the bottom of the page.
- Once all documents are submitted, we will review the paperwork and either approve or notify you of changes that need to be made. You can follow the status of your documents in the status column. It will read “Submitted”, “In Review”, “Approved” or “Rejected.” If rejected, we will include notes to notify you changes that need to be made (e.g., missing Billy’s medical waiver).
The deadline to complete the OCI process is by Midnight on Thursday, April 21, 2016.
The Challenger Cup, on April 20-22, 2018, is a great mid-season tournament for lower level premier (D2 thru D8) and recreational teams. Over 240 teams participated in last year’s Challenger Cup.
All other events at this time of year cater to the ‘elite’ premier teams only. However, the Challenger Cup will offer your team(s) the perfect opportunity to prepare for the spring season by playing against other teams of similar ability, so every game will be competitive, fun and CHALLENGING.
The Challenger Cup is held at the Wyandotte Sporting Fields. Playing all games on these great turf fields makes the Challenger Cup a must-play mid-season event for your team.
*Space is limited. Be sure to sign-up early!*
- A great chance to gauge your team’s mid-season progress
- Fantastic local complex with superb turf fields
- Open to the following age groups: Boys U8 – U19; Girls U8 – U14
- Divisions 1-10 & Rec. available
- Play similar level teams, guaranteed. We work hard bracketing teams, so every game is fun and competitive
- Schedule requests encouraged and worked around
- Excellent referees
- Online registration available