August 18-20, 2017
Divisions 2 through 8 & Rec
Girls U8-U19 Boys U8-U14/15
Stump, Swarner & Garrett Parks
Deadline July 21
U8-10 (’10-’08) 7v7 – $525
U10-12 (’08-’06) 9v9 – $575
U12-19 (’06-’99) 11v11 – $625
of the approved host hotels. Reservations must be made through GCI Travel.
(800) 950-1110 x7764
(800) 950-1110 x7768
Below is the Challenger Sports tournament policy for traveling teams:
All teams traveling to participate in the Challenger Fall Classic must contact Chree Smith
or Lori Murawski at Global Connections Inc. (GCI) to place hotel reservations. GCI has reserved
reduced rate tournament room blocks with a wide range of hotels to suit the
needs of all participating teams.
Please note, traveling teams must reserve hotels through GCI in order to be accepted into the tournament.
· Copy of the Official State Roster (we will need to keep one)
· Guest Player Forms (only if your team is using guest players)
· Travel Permit (for all teams registered outside the state of Kansas)
· USYSA Player Passes
· Medical Waiver Forms for each player
US Club Soccer/USSSA registered teams will need to provide the following paperwork:
· Tournament roster (we will need to keep one)
· US Club Soccer or USSSA Player Passes
· Medical Waiver Forms for each player
Teams can check in on the Friday night of the tournament at the fields or online in the weeks leading up to the tournament.
Online Team Check-In (OCI) is an opportunity for your team to skip team check-in by completing the process online prior to the tournament. Your team will be able to check-in by sending pictures of your documents (roster, player cards, waivers, etc.) to us. You will upload the images to the secure HTGSports site. Once you have completed this, we will check your team in prior to the tournament so you don’t have to attend check-in in person! So easy!
Following are the steps to complete the Online Team Check-In process:
- Login at www.htgsports.net. If you have never logged in before, use the team manager’s email address as the user ID and password.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the page, then the My Sports button.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Challenger Fall Classic. Click the “Not Paid” link in the Online Check-In column to submit the $20 fee for this service.
- Snap pictures of your check-in paperwork with your camera phone or scan them in on a copier in .pdf, .jpg or .png format (note: you can consolidate all player cards to one document and all waivers to one document).
- Click the Add Documents link in the middle of the page to upload all of your documents.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Challenger Fall Classic. Click on your team name to view the team detail page.
- Click on each document name (Official Roster, Medical Release, etc.) to move the document from the master list (left column) to the tournament document list (right column). Once the document is in the right hand column and ready to be submitted for review, select “Submitted” from the drop down menu, add any notes (e.g., Mary’s player card says she’s U13 because she’s rostered on a U13 team, but her birthdate meets the U12 age group) and click save at the bottom of the page.
- Once all documents are submitted, we will review the paperwork and either approve or notify you of changes that need to be made. You can follow the status of your documents in the status column. It will read “Submitted”, “In Review”, “Approved” or “Rejected.” If rejected, we will include notes to notify you changes that need to be made (e.g., missing Billy’s medical waiver).
The deadline to complete the OCI process is by Midnight on Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
The Challenger Fall Classic (CFC) on August 18-20, 2017 is the first tournament event of the 2017/18 season for lower-level premier (DII, III, IV, V, VI, VII & VIII) and recreational teams. Over the past few years, over 120-200 teams participated in this preseason tournament. Many other events at this time of year cater to the elite premier teams only. However, the CFC will offer your team the perfect opportunity to prepare for the fall season by playing against other teams of similar ability, so every game will be competitive, fun and challenging.nnThe Challenger Fall Classic is held at three of the finest natural grass soccer facilities in the KC Metro area – Stump, Swarner & Garrett Parks – in beautiful Shawnee, KS. These great fields at local venues make the CFC a must-play preseason event for your lower-level premier or recreational team. *Space is limited. Be sure to sign-up early!*
- A great opportunity for your fall league preparation
- Give your team an advantage by playing multiple games before the league season is in full swing
- A great weekend guaranteeing that ALL of your players are back from summer camps, vacations, etc.
- Fantastic local complex with superb grass fields
- Perfect location in beautiful Shawnee, KS
- Open to Boys U8 – U15; Girls U8 – U19
- Divisions II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII & Rec. available
- Play similar level teams guaranteed. We work hard bracketing teams so that every game is fun and competitive
- Schedule requests encouraged and worked around
- Play on a non-holiday weekend (spend those special times with family while saving on travel expenses)
- Excellent referees
- Online registration available