January 13-16, 2017
All Premier teams
Sports Lodge, Soccer Dome
& Soccer Nation
Boys and Girls U8-U19
Deadline – December 9th
Entry Fee – $625
(800) 950-1110 x7764
(800) 950-1110 x7767
Below is the Challenger Sports tournament policy for traveling teams:
All teams traveling to participate in the Winter Magic must contact Katy Gray at Global Connections Inc. (GCI) to place hotel reservations. GCI has reserved reduced rate tournament room blocks with a wide range of hotels to suit the needs of all participating teams.
Please note, traveling teams must reserve hotels through GCI in order to be accepted into the tournament.
Here are the documents needed for check-in:
- Copy of the Roster – This can be your outdoor state roster, indoor league roster or the Challenger roster (we will need to keep a copy)
- Proof of age – This can be an outdoor player card, copy of birth certificate or driver’s license for high school age groups
- Challenger Medical Waiver – This form must be completed for all participating players. No other waivers will be accepted (e.g., indoor facility waivers, KSYSA outdoor waivers, etc. will not be accepted) and players will not be able to participate without this completed form.
Following are the steps to complete the Online Team Check-In process:
- Login at www.htgsports.net. If you have never logged in before, use the team manager’s email address as the user ID and password.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the page, then the My Sports button.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the 2016 Winter Magic. Click the “Not Paid” link in the Online Check-In column to submit payment.
- Snap pictures of your check-in paperwork with your camera phone or scan them in on a copier in .pdf, .jpg or .png format (note: you can consolidate all player cards to one document and all waivers to one document).
- Click the Add Documents link in the middle of the page to upload all of your documents.
- At the bottom of the page under the “My Teams” section you will see your team listed for the Winter Magic. Click on your team name to view the team detail page.
- Click on each document name (Official Roster, Medical Release, etc.) to move the document from the master list (left column) to the tournament document list (right column). Once the document is in the right hand column and ready to be submitted for review, select “Submitted” from the drop down menu, add any notes (e.g., Mary’s player card says she’s U13 because she’s rostered on a U13 team, but her birthdate meets the U12 age group) and click save at the bottom of the page.
- Once all documents are submitted, we will review the paperwork and either approve or notify you of changes that need to be made. You can follow the status of your documents in the status column. It will read “Submitted”, “In Review”, “Approved” or “Rejected.” If rejected, we will include notes to notify you changes that need to be made (e.g., missing Billy’s medical waiver).
The deadline to complete the OCI process is by Midnight on Thursday, January, 14, 2016.
Come play in the biggest indoor soccer tournament in Kansas City!
Over 220+ teams from eight different states will participate
The Winter Magic is now in its 30th year and has established itself as one of the top indoor tournaments in the country. Attracting 220+ teams each year from Oklahoma, Nebraska, Illinois, South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas and Missouri, the Winter Magic is a showcase for the very best players in the Midwest and is an incredible weekend of fast-paced and exciting indoor soccer action.
Why play in the Winter Magic?
- Keep your team motivated during the winter months
- Plenty of competition; over 220 teams participate each year
- Play at the top indoor facilities in the KC Metro Area – All American, KC Soccer Dome, Sports Lodge and Soccer Nation
- No indoor league played that weekend – All major facilities in town booked for this event
- Players will train harder, attend more practices and focus more preparing for a high level tournament
- Play tough competition from different leagues – new challenges for your players
- Players will be better prepared for the spring season – faster, more skillful, more confident
- Playing smaller sided games (6v6 and 7v7) gives the players more touches on the ball
- Climate-controlled indoor complexes provide better playing experience than outdoor games in winter
- Tournament teams welcomed – bring your club’s best players!